2017/2018 Membership Cost
The membership rate is renewable on 1 July each year. Your membership is valid from 1 July - 30 June. Please note we do not offer pro-rata memberships.
1 year WIS membership
NSW, QLD, SA, VIC $99.00
ACT, NT, TAS, WA $86.00
3 year WIS membership
Wouldn't it be so much easier to not have to think about your WIS membership for 3 years? Why not sign up for the 3 year term. Discounts apply!
NSW, QLD, SA, VIC $255.00
ACT, NT, TAS, WA $215.00
We seek to create long-term partnerships within the superannuation industry and with government, unions, employers and industry based organisations and bodies. More recently Women in Super has actively sought to embark on more formal corporate membership programs.
If you would like to learn more about corporate membership, you can find out more on our Industry Partners page.
Membership Benefits and Opportunities
"Women in Super has been an incredible source of support, education and mentorship. I have developed strong connections with others in the industry both locally and interstate. My experience being a part of the SA Committee and representing SA on the National WIS Board has strengthened my skills in public speaking, event planning, strategy development, implementation and analysis. I cannot speak highly enough of Women in Super and its impact on my career” - Thomay Gatis, Women in Super SA Chair
As a WIS member you will have the opportunity to network with and learn from other women in the industry, contribute to superannuation policy-making and industry initiatives to improve women's retirement outcomes, and participate in the Women in Super Mother's Day Classic volunteer groups. Women in Super members receive benefits, including:
Unique, regular networking events
- A friendly environment to meet like-minded women in aligned industries who have similar aims and challenges
- The opportunity to develop a strong and trusted local network of members who support, guide and encourage each other
- Motivating and engaging speakers provide members with relevant knowledge and inspiration to grow their career
- Regular information and updates keep members up-to-date with industry news and community events such as the Mother’s Day Classic
- The opportunity to attend the flagship annual National Roadshow event featuring an engaging keynote speaker as well as providing access to industry executives
- The opportunity to attend networking events at national conferences including ASFA and CMSF and receive special member discounts
Personal and professional development opportunities
- Member only professional development workshops. These workshops aims to give back to our dedicated Women in Super community by providing useful, relevant and engaging information to enrich and empower members
- Exciting national scholarship opportunities including the Fiona Reynolds Global Dialogue Scholarship which enables a member to attend the international Global Dialogue conference with all expenses paid
- The opportunity for members to get involved with the Women in Super state committees & MDC Committees to expand their skills, contribute to their network and gain experience with a not-for-profit organisation
- Women in Super National Office & State newsletters providing event information, WIS updates and professional development resources and opportunities
Helping to achieve a superannuation system with gender equality
- WIS works on behalf of its members and women generally with government, MPs, unions, employer organisations, regulators, and superannuation funds to improve women’s retirement prospects and access to superannuation.
- Women in Super membership supports retirement outcomes for women through policy initiatives and advocating for policy change.
- Women in Super funding helps to drive unique and groundbreaking super research initiatives, often in partnership with like-minded organisations around Australia.
A copy of the 2017/2018 Member Welcome Pack can be found here.
Membership eligibility criteria
As per the Women in Super Constitution, no person may be admitted as a Member, unless that person is a woman employed or otherwise active in the superannuation or financial services sector. However, the Board may, in its absolute discretion, determine to admit particular persons from time to time who do not or may not satisfy these requirements.
A copy of the Women In Super Constitution can be read here.
For more information on Women in Super membership please contact us on on 03 8677 3827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.